Monday, January 31, 2005

Pack yourself a sack lunch!

Today was the first day of classes. I had three music classes back to back and a chemistry course in the morning. I found each class to be fun and I will enjoy learning all the new things associated with them but there's a lot of work to do. I also just recieved my syllabus by e-mail for my Philosophy of religion course. That is going to require much reading and contemplating; time I'll have to make if I want to mantain my precious GPA. This may be the hardest semester to date but I'm ready for the challenge.

We had rehersal today for Steel Pier from 6:40-11:00 p.m. That rehersal seemed like it would never end. it was necessary for us to do becuase we have many problems that need to be adressed yet synching up the music and text. I saw some things I was not happy with however. I probably would have done the same thing, but Dr. T really showed his frustration and got mad at the orchestra when the problem was all of the cut we had to follow and the fact rehersal was so long. We can't concetrate that long! When a director shows dissapointment all of the musicians tend to shut down. I was trying my best and it was rejected as not good enough. that's something I'll have to work on as a music teacher. You must maintain a positive environment; never take the mistakes of the few out on the whole. Oh well, we are all human and I know Dr. T appreciates our hard work.

Till next time

No comments: