Saturday, January 22, 2005

2 Samuel 22:33

Wow! God can do incedible things in our lives even when we aren't trying to follow him. He convicted me today and I went to my knees. There I found love and grace. the 2 Samuel passage says that strength and prefection come from God. We don't have to worry! Following God's precepts should actually be an outpouring of our love for God. Stop trying to force perfection on yourself! He supplies the strength and the perfection we need. When we fail it's not the end. God has stepped into my life and has invigorated me spiritually. Scripture is once again fertile with wisdom, not some ancient text that's boring. He put this love in my heart!

I am completely overcome with joy. I want everyone to experience God as I have, and I desire to experinece more. I've been filled to overflowing but am still hungry for more! It's amazing how this can happen.

I know the last few posts have been depressing. I have focused on my shortcomings instead of on the grace of God. I apologize and pray that you won't make the same mistake. Self-pity is just another form of selfishness, a sin we all must guard against.

Stay strong in the Lord!

No comments: