Tuesday, January 25, 2005

why is it "an historic?"

Only one more day of observation. I've had a good time watching teachers, but I'm ready to sleep in for a change. I'm excited to teach. I've enjoyed class; learning classroom management, lesson planning and the like. For my free reading I'm reading "Teaching music through performance in band". It's a great book and valuable resource once I start teaching. I've already learned a lot from it and I've only just begun to read it. It's full of great insights on many aspects of running a band and being a band director.

I've got Steel Pier rehearsal tonight. It's good to play and get experience, but I'm alrerady wating for it to be done. I have so many responsibilities.

This weekend is interim beak and I might do a few things. For the most part, however, I'm just going to relax. Time to do some reflection and contemplating. I have many things to think about. A number of things weigh heavily on my mind, but I won't talk about them here. I probably will not talk about all of them to anyone. I have some personal thoughts to sift through and some focus I need to redirect on God instead of myself. Self-pity is never the answer; it's just another form of selfishness.

No comments: