Monday, January 17, 2005

The first day of the rest of your life

So today was decent as far as days go. I wrote a paper on merit-pay and teachers. It took most of the day so I didn't have much free time, but that's ok. I listened to quite a bit of jazz. Right now I'm listening to Branford Marsalis. The CD is great for now, but I'll probably change it soon. I went to a Happy Apple show on Saturday. It was the worst concert I have ever been to. I really don't understand their music. I may someday, but for now it sounds like garbage to me. I find my taste in music is far different from everyone else's (not a bad thing). I suppose that being different is good, as long as it's not for the sake of being different. Like the music you enjoy, don't bend to the will of others. Often I see people like music that is different because they aren't identified with the crowd. I guess we all do that in some aspect. We all want to fit in and belong, but we don't want to belong with the wrong people. Those people we frown upon fom our high tower. Well, enough ranting. I'm done for now.

No comments: