Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What is a salmon jump suit anyway?

Today was a good day of observation. I was able to lead a sectional with the 9th grade trombone players. They were not as bad as I had anticipated but they still don't seem w as if the middle school in the district is doing a good job of training young musicians. I made one horrible error that I realized immediatley. I neglected the trombones that didn't play as well. I tried to adress them ass a group, but it came out as adressing the two better player I think. I tried to tell them the importance of practicing and air and posture but I'm guessing it didn't get through. I remember I didn't care in High School.
I finished my portfolio (at least what I need to do for thins course). It feels good to get it done, especially since it's the last big thing for the course this J term. We are almost done; I can't wait to start my other courses. Yet, it's going to be hard getting back to the old schedule, including doing homework for a number of courses insteadd of one intensive class.

I hope I'm up for the challenge.......

No comments: