Friday, November 25, 2005

Things I'm Thankful for

In the spirit of the holiday season I submit to you (and mostly to myself for later review) a list of some things I'm thankful for (In no particular order):

1. My stuff
- I have all I need and much more. It's great to live in a place where overabundance is not only commonplace, it is expected. Now I all need is to learn how to live with less and share my blessing instead of lusting after more and more stuff
2. Music
- without this life would be very bland. I can't imagnie living without such an integral part of my life; it is my major, my talent, and offers moments of sheer exstasy sometimes which leaves me wanting more (ever felt that surge of emotion?)
3. My friends
- There are times when I feel alone but I do have many friends who care about me and I should keep that in mind at all times. As time goes on I would like to get to know them better; fewer surfacy relationships and more life long bonds.
4. My health
- In an age where flu, aids, birth defects, emotional and behavioral disorders, and cancer are everywhere I find myself among the lucky few who are not the worse for wear. I know at some point illness will touch my life but I thank God for these times of health (not one cold or allergy this semester yet!)
5. My family
- My parents love me enough that they came up here for thanksgiving (even though my dad is a cheapskate usually). My sister is also doing well and I know she thinks of me often. I love you guys!
6. God
- Thanks for not forgetting about me. For those nudges to pray, those reminders that you are there, for creation (and it is beautiful), and for forgiveness.
7. Girls
- I don't mean this in the purely physical attraction side of things (though that is a plus). I love that girls are so different from guys. It's frustrating at time but I often learn from them. They remind us to use our emotions, be relational, and promt me to look for love. There's something is a girl's smile, her eyes, her very being that tells me finding "the one" is very important. Thank you ladies!

No comments: