Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ash Wednesday!

Today was ash wednesday; tomorrow is the first day of Lent. I'm not sure what I may give up for Lent but I do want to do something. These religious observances have always seemed to be a great thing if they are done with the right attitude. I want to give something up as a sacrifice to God. I think giving something up that is a big part of your life not only symbolizes that God is the center of your life, but it also makes room in your schedule to do more important things that are honoring to God.
There was a service tonight and Michael Card (yes, THE Michael Card) led it. His music is very powerful and cut deeply into your soul. I was both inspired and impacted. He is a very humble who (and I don't use this term) is annointed. I don't like to use that phrase becuase of my background, but if anyone has ever been annointed that I have met it is him. His words speak truth and convict me. I enjoyed every moment of the service. You really have to pay attention to catch the gravity of his lyrics, but I you do you can be changed.

That's all for today. Other stuff happened but they are nothing compared to what I experineced at the service tonight. I wasn't changed dramatically, but it was definetly impacting nonetheless.

No comments: