Monday, December 26, 2005

Why not How

During this Christmas break I read Through Painted Deserts by Don Miller. The book follows the author and his friend Paul from Texas to Oregon and a few places in between. It's a wonderful narrative that pulled at my longing to travel and be free from worries. I think we all (at least guys) want to travel. I don't just mean vacation either. We want to be on an adventure of sorts. This book definetly puts you int the mood for one.
Miller's main point of the book is changing our thinking from how questions such as: How do I become sucessful? or How do I need to live? (which are still god questions) to Why questions like: Why did God create us? Why does a beauty have such an impact on my soul? We need to ponder these questions which are so often overlooked and exchanged for more superficial How questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the real question is, "who let the dogs out?"