Sunday, July 22, 2007

Do You Love Me?


So, this coming week, I am playing the the pit orchestra for a rendition of Fiddler on the Roof. Remembering the musical, I have gone back to scenes from the movie I could find online. The one that hit me today was the song "Do You Love Me?"
I'm not sure why it hit me, but I do know that I felt deeply for the feelings expressed in the words. The realization that Tevye and Golde loved each other after 25 years of marriage and poverty seemed like a beautiful concept to me. I was deeply touched by the happiness they felt upon realizing this and also by the constancy displayed in their relationship. I don't get many opportunities to be covered by waves of emotion, but I cherish them. especially when tied to such a beautiful and noble concept. I suppose I hope to see the same reality in my life someday.

No comments: