Sunday, November 12, 2006

I am a confusing old man

Well, I'm not old yet, but I sure do act like I am. In my eternal search to find out what really appeals to me I have found that I like some of the following things:
1. Flat caps (remember newsies?)
2. Mr. Rogers type cardigans (I wish I could raid my grandfather's closet)
3. The Marx Brothers
4. "My Fair Lady" and other well made musical/movies
5. Enjoying classical music and discouraging music with high decibel levels
And I don't like:
1. Driving at night (my night vision is horrible)
2. People who speed and tailgate (5 over is enough for me)
3. watching sports on television
4. Eating dinner past 6:00 or Lunch past 12:00 ( I should be done by those times)
5. Staying up late; I go to bed at 10:30 (mainly because of student teaching but it is nice)

So there it is. To add to that Dr. Vacco has said I would make a great Grandpa and my friend Doug remind me at least once a week that I am an old man . To be honest, I actually like thinking along the same lines as the older generation. They are pretty smart people and have great style. Though most people don't agree, whenever I see an old man wearing what old men wear (especially the hats) I can't help but admire his style. Well, I suppose I'll find out if anyone agrees with me in the future. Until then I'll keep adding to my collection of old man apparel and other old man items and eccentricities.

No comments: