Saturday, July 15, 2006

Life in the summer

The summer months have an interesting feel to them. I keep feeling this sense that I am not doing what I need to as the days go by. I remember all of things I promised to accomplish and few of them seem to have happened, and as the days slip away into the fog of the past I realize that the first day of classes looms ahead. it has a death grip on my summer of opportunity and soon all of the oife will be squeezed out of my hopeful frined and I will be left with nothing but a new companion who is less forgiving and never lets me relax.
But I must remember that this is the first summer where I have really been practicing bass (not piano as I should be but at least I'm on the right track). Also, I'm doing a job that has strange hours and cataloging Dr. Self's books which takes up much of my hoped for free time. Well, there's still the string camp and Andrew's cabin to add to my summertime memories, and by the time the school year rools around I'm always ready for it to begin.

No comments: