Friday, June 30, 2006

The positive spin

I thikn one thing I really miss about tour, besides the beautiful landscape and architechture, is the overall positive attitude. Every day seemed like a good day, there were certainly bad points but no sadness could last for long. Back here at home I can barely find a person who is not negative in their speech and actions.
Specifically, my roomate was in a very bad mood becuase he was worried about something (I don't really know what it was about). That negative attitude really placed a heavy burden on me and I could barely stand it. I'm really sick of our daily depression and anxiety that seems to be a prerequisite for college students. I really need some happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wes,

I hope at least parts of your summer are okay! I am responding to this post because I think satan is seriously working on you. He's pounding away at your spirit. You need to get yourself some prayer, brother. Do you have a group of guys that you can hash out stuff with? I meet weekly with a small group of amazing sisters in Christ and it's astounding what God has revealed and done through each other. Even besides that, just to have people with whom I can be totally honest, and who will fight the enemy on my behalf...that is something else.
I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

One more thing...satan wouldn't be working on you if you weren't a threat to his kingdom! Be encouraged!